Monday, March 5, 2018

Textile Foil Zipper Pouch by Shanna


Hello again SRM friends!  Shanna here today to show you my newest addiction project!  Have you seen SRM's fabulous new textile foils they debuted recently?!?  Oh my goodness are they sparkly and fun!  I had the pleasure of playing with them, and let me tell you.....I couldn't stop!  I keep looking at something and thinking "hmmm....that would be better foiled"! It's bad in the best of ways! 
 

To get back on track, take a look at the zipper pouch I made for my coloring supplies when I am away from home.  I couldn't just pick one design (see above reasoning!) and ended up putting a different design on each side!  Double the SPARKLE, double the FUN!



Here is a close up of the copper textile foil....I am a sucker for metals!


Here is a close up of the pink floral textile foil.  LOVE this shade of pink, and the flowers are sweet, although hard to see in a thin design like the script


The mirror textile foil is almost rainbow to me...The "prism" colors look amazing in person


It was my very first time working with textile foils, so if I can do it...trust me....You can too!  I took a couple pics along the way, but will have to work out a tutorial if anyone has any questions because I just got too distracted by the shiny goodness revealing itself to remember to take more pics of the process!  

Here is a before picture when I just had weeded the Siser EasyWeed adhesive. 


I thought the after picture of the copper sheet was kinda fun....The foil only sticks to the adhesive, so the negative image appears magically when lifting the foil off after it cools!  


I am NOT known as a "patient person"....so I couldn't help but take a picture of some of the goodies I plan on stowing away in this amazing pouch!  I like to bring coloring projects with me when I am away from home, and this will be perfect to bring my markers, colored pencils, gel pens, and any other little goodies I might toss in!  SRM carries a wide assortment of awesome coloring supplies, be are to check them out!


Supplies used:
SRM Vinyl - copper textile foil
SRM Vinyl - Pink flowers textile foil
SRM Vinyl - Mirrored textile foil
SRM Vinyl - Siser EasyWeed adhesive
SRM Vinyl - Teflon sheet
Black canvas zipper pouch 
Iron
Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette design store file #143045
Silhouette design store file #171550

I am already thinking ahead to what I will "foil" next...What needs a little sparkle and shine in your life??  


Until next time!

1 comment:

nameplates said...

Very nice blog about the stickers... Thanks for sharing these types of the informative.